THE ARTHUR R. MAYTUM
FREDONIA FIRE DEPARTMENT
The Museum was dedicated on July 14, 2001 in the honor of Arthur R. Maytum, a respected citizen, humanitarian, public servant whose leadership, as Village Trustee, was instrumental in the reorganization of the Fredonia Fire Department in 1901.
The main centerpiece is the Fenner Hose Cart. The cart was purchased on June 6, 1886 from the Gleason & Bailey Co. of Seneca Falls, NY. The cart was used for fighting fires but also travel all over the area as a parade cart. On those occasions, a little girl occupied a small seat under an arch of flowers.
Also on display are many items relating to the Fredonia Fire Department including helmets, nozzles, fire alarm systems, badges of officers and conventions, marching uniforms and drum corp. equipment.